
Hasn't all that anti-Halloween stuff gotten a little old? It's funny how pagan traditions associated with Christmas and Easter are okay, but Halloween traditions are considered evil in many churches. Santa and the Easter Bunny are fine, but ghosts are strictly off limits!
My favorite propagandist and violently anti-Catholic hate monger has to be the infamous Jack Chick. I highly recommend you visit his tract at Chick Publications called "Devil's Night", an insanely nonfactual piece of propaganda against Halloween. It's hilarious and at the same time rather sad. Here's a few panels from the tract.
My favorite propagandist and violently anti-Catholic hate monger has to be the infamous Jack Chick. I highly recommend you visit his tract at Chick Publications called "Devil's Night", an insanely nonfactual piece of propaganda against Halloween. It's hilarious and at the same time rather sad. Here's a few panels from the tract.


If you enjoyed that, then you don't want to miss an earlier anti-Halloween tract by Chick found here.
This same sort of odd religious vein spawned another weird comic - the infamous Hansi: The Girl Who Loved the Swastika. View the entire comic pdf file here. Now, it's nowhere near as hateful as the Chick tracts - not by a long shot. But it is a rather strange little comic with a patriotic and religious bent that I found interesting.

But back to the subject of Halloween haters...
It's interesting to notice the inconsistencies that abound in the anti-Halloween crowd. I've already mentioned that these Christians embrace many other pagan rituals associated with Christmas and Easter. I also wonder why is it okay to watch Snow White or The Little Mermaid which feature witches, but a witch associated with Halloween is verboten?
When I was a kid, this sort of angry sentiment either didn't exist or I was sheltered from it, because it never would have dawned me, awkwardly dressed as Frankenstein's monster in 1975, that I was being a satanist!
So, just enjoy yourself and... Have a Happy Halloween!!
[this image and more like it found here]
