I have been tagged by Keith over at Sugar and Spice in the following Meme. Here are the rules:
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
Without further ado, here's the retrospace list. I tried to make it reflect the calibur of material covered here. So, not surprisingly great movies like Saving Private Ryan and The Godfather aren't anywhere to be found, but you better believe Smokey and the Bandit made the cut.
Asylum (1972)
Better Off Dead
Corvette Summer (1978)
Don't Look Now (1973)
Eegah! (1962)
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Gong Show Movie
Humanoids from the Deep
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The Jerk
Krull
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976)
Moonraker
The Nude Bomb (1980)
Ordinary People
Psyche-Out
Q (1982)
Rollerball (1975)
Smokey and the Bandit
Toomorrow
Up in Smoke (1978)
Valley Girl
Wonderwall (1968)
Xanadu
Young Frankenstein
and Zapped!
And now those to be tagged:
Becca at No Smoking in the Skull Cave
Shawn at Branded in the 80's
Chick at Trash Aesthetics
Dr. Geektarded at Geektarded
Chris at Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
(Bill at The Uranium Cafe, has already been tagged by Keith, so I'll leave him alone this time.)
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
Without further ado, here's the retrospace list. I tried to make it reflect the calibur of material covered here. So, not surprisingly great movies like Saving Private Ryan and The Godfather aren't anywhere to be found, but you better believe Smokey and the Bandit made the cut.
Asylum (1972)Better Off Dead
Corvette Summer (1978)
Don't Look Now (1973)
Eegah! (1962)
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Gong Show Movie
Humanoids from the DeepInvasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The Jerk
Krull
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976)
MoonrakerThe Nude Bomb (1980)
Ordinary People
Psyche-Out
Q (1982)
Rollerball (1975)Smokey and the Bandit
Toomorrow
Up in Smoke (1978)
Valley Girl
Wonderwall (1968)
Xanadu
Young Frankenstein
and Zapped!
And now those to be tagged:
Becca at No Smoking in the Skull Cave
Shawn at Branded in the 80's
Chick at Trash Aesthetics
Dr. Geektarded at Geektarded
Chris at Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
(Bill at The Uranium Cafe, has already been tagged by Keith, so I'll leave him alone this time.)
