Well, I like my retro ads like I like my album covers: kitschy and excessively garish. Here's a few of my favorites.Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like firearms. Hey kids, let's gather round the Christmas tree, brandish assault rifles and sing carols!
Holiday hint: Glock 9mm pistols make great stocking stuffers! (ad found here)
"Deck the Halls with Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz"In 1979, this little gem appeared in magazines. Sammy Davis Jr. as Santa is just classic. Go here to view the TV commercial. A thank you to A Christmas Yuleblog for bringing it to my attention.
During the Atomic Age, aluminum trees were in vogue. The more metallic and blatantly artificial the better. Looking at these high-tech "trees of tomorrow", I'm reminded of the Charlie Brown Christmas special where he rejects the flashy neon abominations in favor of something real - a genuine Christmas tree.
And one last thing before I go...[Related post: Retro Christmas Ads (Part 2)]

