The gaudiness of Vegas collides with the gaudiness of the 1970's resulting in a band with an unprecedented level of fashion dysfunction. I give you...... The Dave Bunker Show! (applause)
I don't mean to ridicule Mr. Bunker (that's him with the beard); he was a talented musician who built his band's unique looking guitars himself. It's just unfortunate that Vegas and the 1970's had to intersect squarely on his band. Tragic, really.
I'm being facetious, of course. There were lots of bands in Vegas around this time (not to mention lounge acts around the country) who looked very similar to The Dave Bunker Show. No, his band was not exceptional - it was the norm.
I guess this is what fascinates me so much about the 1970's. I can understand the fashions of every decade since the dawn of mankind - I can see how they might have been fashionable or attractive, even though they are antiquated. I can understand the medieval attire, the Roman toga, the Victorian and Edwardian black, 18th century aristocratic ostentation.... but I cannot fathom, my mind cannot wrap around the fashions of the 70's!
So, you can imagine my feeling of helplessness and despair when I look upon the zenith in 1970's fashion tomfoolery - the lounge act. My mind becomes so overwhelmed and disoriented, it's not uncommon for me to black out. My brain just shuts down - it can't handle the stimuli.
